Monday, March 31, 2008

Fontana Dust Bowl

Mitchell Petersen Monavie-Cannondale.com

Kabush and the rest of the Pro mens field at the start.

Heather Holmes Kenda Titus Hayes


Sue Butler Monavie-Cannondale.com



Kathy Sherwin SoBe Cannondale
The Fontana NMBS Race #1 was set in an "urban" setting. It was dusty. Thats all I am going to bitch about.
Mitchell, Sue, Heather, and Kathy all had good rides. Mitchell was the 2nd U23 rider in the Cross Country. A good performance in his quest to qualify for Worlds team.
I dont have any pictures of myself. I races in the Semi-Pro's and had a rough go of it. I was hoping for better than 26th place but that is what I ended up. The course had a bunch of steep ups and downs. It was a very intense interval session. No place to settle into a rythem. Not my type of course. My time would have been 3rd or 4th in the Expert 35-39 Category so Im not that bummed. Motocross Legend Johnny Omara is like 47 Years old and would have been 2nd in Semi Pro. He hauled ass. Fastest Expert time of the day.
I am hoping Mcdowell Mountain will have more flow. Which from what I remember it does. Hoping to perform better this weekend. Marathon on Friday. Then Super D right after I finish the Marathon, Short track on Saturday, and then Cross Country on Sunday. I am going to be worked. Nat Ross says he is doing all 4 events so I figured I will give it a try.
Besides packing it back on.... I wonder what Sly is doing in Rico...




2 comments:

StupidBike said...

http://tinyurl.com/35y9kp

Anonymous said...

Motocross Legend Johnny Omara is like 47 Years old and would have been 2nd in Semi Pro. He hauled ass.

The O'Show is my hero.